All I wanted to do when I got here was go to sleep and never wake-up...at least not for 8 hours or so. But everyone told me I shouldn't do that, so I filled my day with other things instead.
When I got to the residential services office, I had to fill out even more paperwork - imagine that?! Apparently there had been a few last minute room changes. Anyway, I filled that all out and then the resident assistant named Ronny helped me drag all my suitcases to my building - Dalriada Student Village, Block 2, Suite 5, Room 5. The poor guy was out of breath after lugging my 50 pound bag and my smaller carry on up to the top floor!
The set up here is great. I have my own, very basic bedroom - we're talking one bed, a shelving unit for books, a shelf for a desk, a rod to hang clothes and two shelves above it for folded clothes. I also have my own, and also very basic bathroom - toilet, wash basin, mirror, and shower. There is nothing extra included in the room fees, and I mean nothing, not even a roll of toilet paper in the bathroom when you arrive. That was a slight problem when I got here... There are four other rooms like mine, each having its own bathroom. The five of us who will be living here also have a large kitchen and living room to share. I guess I should've brought along some recipes...or my dad to be our personal chef.
Anyway, when I arrived no one was in the suite, but a few minutes into unpacking (which only took me about thirty minutes), Emily arrived. Emily is an environmental engineering major who goes to school in Ontario, Canada, but is from British Colombia, Canada. We talked briefly and decided that after we goth got unpacked and after I finally got to shower we would take a taxi together to Tesco's - the Walmart of Northern Ireland.
Shopping was really confusing, having to think in pounds and pence instead of dollars and cents. But we survived and came "home" with enough food to last through the confusion of finding our way around campus and figuring out what exactly our meal plan is.
And now it's 9:15 pm and I am absolutely exhausted! I haven't tried out the bed yet, but I hope it's comfy because it's time for some much needed sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope you got a good night sleep and are ready to tackle the day tomorrow! What an amazing experience you're going to have! Remember to keep an open mind and heart and you'll get through it all :)
ReplyDeleteAmy