I didn't get "home" (i.e. back to campus) until around 10 PM on Tuesday, so I basically unpacked, uploaded pictures, talked to my parents on skype and went to bed. It had been a very busy, but very fun and exciting six days!
Wednesday I had Modern Irish Society from 11:15-1:15 and then spent most of the afternoon blogging and replying to emails. The best part about Wednesday, and perhaps even of the entire month of February was the surprise package I received from a bunch of my Grove City friends! You all know who you are. Thank you so much! They sent post-it-notes, crayons, lots of little letters, and a 60+ page "cooking abroad book" with hundreds of recipes in it. I can't wait to go to the grocery store and buy ingredients. I spent Wednesday night at Bethany's apartment. She invited me over for dinner. We ended up spending a few hours talking, sharing our favorite things about this whole experience, the things that surprised us the most, our struggles, etc., and we also planned a weekend getaway to the causeway coast.
Thursday I didn't have class, but I did have an assignment due by 12 PM on Friday for my Services Marketing class, so I spent most of the day in the library working on that. Later that evening I went to CU with Bethany, Kari and Amanda. It was so good to see all my Irish friends there after missing CU the week before when I was in Austria. Our speaker talked to us about what it means when Christ says he is the gatekeeper. I was really convicted by the "sermon," and its reminder that Christ is everything I will ever need. After CU, we were invited to go to another CU member, Ducky's house to play games and eat cookies. Bethany, Amanda and I rode with friends from our small group, Nicky and Jo. I almost opted not to go, but I'm so glad I did. There were lots of CU members there: Ducky, Arf, Rachel, Anna, Judith, Kang, Rin Ji, Johnny, Jo, Nicky, Amanda, Bethany and I. I just had to list the names because Ducky and Arf just make me laugh. We ended up hanging out there until 2:30 AM we were having so much fun! I'm so thankful for Christian fellowship!
Friday morning came way too fast. I would have slept in since I didn't have class, but I had to go to the library and get my paper printed off so that I could turn it in before 12 PM. After I took care of that, I had a bunch of details to sort out for my and Bethany's trip up the coast to Portstewart and I had to pack. Even though I was only "home" for three days, it was nice to be back in a familiar place with familiar faces where they speak a familiar language...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment