Tuesday, 3 March 2009

The week so far...

Sunday evening Leanna picked us up for night church service. Since it was the first Sunday of the month, the evening service was a youth service. Our friends Gavin, Andrew (aka Atki) and Charlotte (aka Charlie) all led us in worship and one of the chaplains from Jordanstown, Trevor, had been invited to give the sermon. The message was on Luke 18:9-14 where Jesus tells the parable of two men who prayed. My favorite verse says this: "I tell you that this man (the sinful tax collector), rather than the other (the religious Pharisee), went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted." It was a great message. Afterward, Bethany, Kari and I rode with Leanna and Charlie to the closest Spar to get petrol and a bunch of snacks and then we all headed to Atki's house to eat and hang out. I think I've said it before, but I LOVE my church family here! And I cannot wait to go to London with these people!!

Monday was a full day of class, literally: management of change from 9:15-12:30 and services marketing from 1:15-3:15 and 4:15 to 5:15. Some guy actually introduced himself to me in my services marketing class, but for the life of me I cannot remember his name, not because I wasn't listening when he said it but because I couldn't even understand it! Oh well! Oh, and for you girls who are wondering, he wasn't cute (no offense). After class was finally finished, I had planned to get a bunch of reading done, but instead Kari and I rented Anchorman and watched it. Procrastination!

And finally today. Wow, I can't believe I'm actually completely caught up. Today was rather uneventful. I slept till 8:40, did a quick workout, showered, submitted my application to live in the Colonial Apartments next year (woot woot!), went to my three-hour managing behavior class, and crossed off some of the things on my to-do list. Tonight I had Bible study at 7:30. That actual Bible study part lasted for about an hour and then we sat around talking for another 2.5 hours. Between church, CU and this Bible study, I've made some quality friends here. God has definitely blessed me in that respect.

Alright, it's 1:15 AM and time for bed. I promise to try and keep this more up to date in the coming days and weeks. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment